Friday, May 2, 2008

PR(iceline)

So; the other day I was a booking a trip to Puerto Rico (PR) Excited about the trip- which will be over Memorial Day weekend:)- I started researching multiple offers on various websites. It turned out – that Priceline offered the lowest rates on packages than the Travelocitys and the Expedias.

So, I click away; in a frantic rush to book my holiday package to the land of sun! Turns out that up to the 20th(yes, 20th!!) try- I consistently get an error message saying “ we cannot complete your order” as package rates keep changing. I called the 1-866-PRICELINE number from my cell phone only to receive a message saying my call cannot be completed and I should check my number. HUH?

I promptly scrolled to the friendly gnome’s site and booked my PR vacation for about 150 dollars over the Priceline quote. Yes, I paid more but there’s something to be said of Travelocity’s consistency.

So what did Priceline do wrong? Remember ETDBW (Easy to Do Business With)? It did the opposite. It created barriers for a customer to do business with them. Better luck next time Priceline!

No comments: