Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Express-ing it!

What can be more pleasurable or dis-satisfying than a shopping experience? A great shopping experience often has you raving about a store, while a not-so-spectacular one might have you sighing, huffing out or purely disgruntled.

I had the opportunity to play retail consultant as part of some classes I am taking at FIT, NY and one of the stores I visited was Express Design Studio.
There were two opposing observations I made there. 1. Where was that great customer service? It had disappeared. Where once Express reps walked the length of the fitting room; there were none around! 2. The other, rather cool thing I discovered was that Express has what they call Express Fashion Delivery where they deliver your item to you if you can’t find a size or color. And, it’s free. How cool is that?

The Retail Consultant in me says innovate away; but don’t lose the chance of using your customer service as part of your brand experience.

No comments: